Resource Tuner News and Updates
[October 20, 2009] • Resource Tuner v1.99 R6
- Resource Tuner now is Windows 7 Ready.
- Now Resource Tuner reports an error when opening 64-bit files. Support for 64-bit files will only be available in version 2.
- .MUI (Multilingual User Interface) file extension added to the Open File type list.
- Added the options to create the Windows 7 Compatibility and DPI-Aware sections in the Manifest Wizard.
- Minor tweaks and improvements.
UPX Unpacker plug-in:
- Minor update.
[May 12, 2009] • Resource Tuner v1.99 R5
- Added the option to specify the processor architecture in the Manifest Wizard.
- Bugfix: Fixed an error that occurred when the last item of a menu to be edited was a separator.
- Bugfix: The conflict with third-party applications on Windows XP SP3.
- Bugfix: Windows Vista was occasionally unable to recognize the resources in files manifested by Resource Tuner.
- Minor tweaks.
[Aug 08, 2008] • Resource Tuner v1.99 R4
- Improved opening of huge files (of 1 Gb or larger).
- Bugfix: Fixed an error that occasionally occurred when editing menus.
- Bugfix: Resource Tuner reported negative values for the total physical memory under Vista SP1.
- Minor tweaks.
[May 06, 2008] • Resource Tuner v1.99 R3
- An improved algorithm for the resource editing engine, which makes it possible to work with non-typical PE files.
- Added the Reload Last Opened File button.
- Now prompts to remove missing files from the Recent File list.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
UPX/UPack Unpacker plug-ins:
- Now supports for UPX v3.01.
- Now supports for LZMA compression method.
- Minor improvements.
[Oct 19, 2007] • Resource Tuner v1.99
- Now Resource Tuner is Vista Ready. Fixed issues with the Vista Thumbnail Preview and Flip 3D features.
- Now supports replacing large (256x256) Vista icons stored as .ICO with an icon from a PNG file.
- Improved Manifest Wizard now supports marking a Pre-Vista application with a requested execution level.
UPX Unpacker plug-ins:
- Now supports unpacking of files packed with many UPX scramblers such as Advanced UPX Scrambler, UPoLyX, UPX Lock, and more.