PE Explorer Feature List
PE Explorer provides functions for disassembly and inspection of unknown binaries, modification of the properties of executable files, plus customization and translation features.
The downloadable trial version of PE Explorer is a fully functional time-limited demo with a few restrictions. The licensed version of PE Explorer includes additional functions described at the bottom of this page. Both versions of PE Explorer include these features:
Viewing and Editing Portable Executable (PE) Files
- Working with 32-bit PE files such as .EXE, .DLL, Device Drivers (.SYS, .ACM), ActiveX Controls (.OCX), Borland Libraries (.DPL and .BPL), XP Visual Styles (.MSSTYLES), Control Panel Extensions (.CPL), Screen Savers (.SCR) and any other win32 executables.
- Working with damaged files: PE Explorer opens broken or packed files in Safe mode.
- PE file integrity verification.
- Checksum computing and modification.
- Entry Point value modification.
- Modification of EXE and DLL file properties.
- UPX Unpacker.
- UPack Unpacker.
- NSPack Unpacker.
- Support for custom plug-ins to perform any startup processing.
|PE Explorer makes it easy to analyze PE file structure, correct errors, fix compilation bugs, repair damaged resources or modify the internal arrangements of PE files. With PE Explorer file headers, data directories, section headers and export tables are ready and waiting for your command.
Use it for serious development projects, for restoring lost information, for keeping damaged files intact, to reverse engineer projects with missing source code, or to view the imports/exports of the standard DLL's. [more...]
- Headers Info Viewer displays the EXE header information contained in the PE file header.
- Data Directories Viewer to view and edit Data Directories.
- Sections Header Viewer to view, extract, recalculate or delete sections from the program body.
- Export, Import and Delay Import Viewers.
- Function Syntax Viewer displays the calling syntax for functions.
- Digital Signature Viewer to validate the digital signature of a PE file.
- Dependency Scanner traces the dependency chain for the program's libraries.
- Relocation Viewer to view contents of the base relocation table.
- Debug Information Viewer displays the debug information contained in the file.
- Resource Viewer to browse, delete, or extract nearly every type of resources.
|PE Explorer provides important information about entry points, numbers, names and calling syntax of exported functions. Now, when reviewing functions with the Import and Export Viewers, clicking a function entry instantly displays the calling syntax for that function PE Explorer knows about and allows you to expand the syntax database with your own definitions. Parameters, return values, calling conventions are conveniently displayed for you in the window below. [more...]|
|The Dependency Scanner tool allows you to recursively scan all modules linked to by a particular PE file. Save time tracking down a DLL mis-match. Use the Dependency Scanner to make it crystal clear which libraries an application depends on, so you know exactly which files you need to package into your application's installation program. Or which files to copy when moving a 3rd party application from one computer to another. Dependency Scanner also detects delay-load dependencies. [more...]|
- Resource Editor to edit or replace nearly every type of resources.
- Application Manifest Wizard for adding the manifest resource into existing applications and marking applications with a requested execution level to tell Vista to run the applications elevated.
- Characteristics Editor to view or set flag bits in the PE file header Characteristics field.
- Section Editor to change all the fields in the section header, or repair and restore the damaged section headers settings.
- Syntax Description Editor for adding custom comments, altering values or creating new library descriptions.
- Debug Information and Relocations Removal Tools
- TimeDateStamp Adjuster to modify all the timestamps in the PE file header to one uniform value.
|PE Explorer offers one of the most convenient and easy-to-use resource editors available for Windows. Visual editing features let you quickly browse and modify executable file resources from within the file. Dialog boxes, menus, string tables, icons, bitmaps, manifests and more are right at your fingertips. [more...]
See also: Resource Tuner, a PE Explorer spin-off product that is used solely to edit resources in Windows programs. If you want to edit resources only but don't need the extended functionality of PE Explorer, Resource Tuner is the right product for you.
- Supports the Intel 80x86, Pentium family, and other compatible processors.
- x86 instruction sets and extensions (MMX, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3), AMD K6-2 3D-Now! extensions.
- Easy browsing using Found Data panes, search options and address/offset jumps history.
- Pulls ASCII text strings and VCL Objects out the data portion of the file.
PE Explorer Disassembler utilizes a qualitative algorithm designed to reconstruct the assembly language source code of target binary win32 PE files (EXE, DLL, OCX) with the highest degree of accuracy possible. Disassemble an application or library to figure out its exact inner workings.
While as powerful as the more expensive disassemblers, PE Explorer focuses on ease of use, clarity and navigation. Whenever possible, the disassembly will show descriptive names extracted from runtime type information stored inside the executable file. [more...]
- Easily keep track of all recent files.
- Add files to a favorites list.
- Optional Windows Explorer integration.
- Customizable layout and colors.
- Create a backup copy of the target file (enabled by default).
- Log pane records commands and messages and lets you know what is happening during each step.
We Offer A Free Trial Version: Try The Software, Risk Free.
Minimum hardware requirements:
Intel Pentium® or AMD K5 processor with 166 MHz
16 MB RAM
Licensed Version Only
Some functions are disabled until PE Explorer is registered:
- Save all resources to disk at once.
- The options to create the Windows 7 Compatibility and DPI-Aware sections in the Manifest Wizard.
- Removal of relocations and debug information.
- Save and load the disassembly listing and all the changes made to continue on later.
- The options to mark blocks in Disassembler as Byte, Word, DWORD, QWORD and GUID.
If you want to edit resources only but don't need the extended functionality of PE Explorer, Resource Tuner is the right product for you. Resource Tuner is available for only $39.95.